Midsummer is just around the corner. Put a golden rim on your midsummer table with these three recipes signed by 2022 Swedish Chef’s Master Winner, Adam Thulin.
Robin Oberg |
Posted on 06-19 2022 15:10 |
reading time: 2 Minutes
Since March, hungry viewers have been able to catch up on the second season of Saluhal Live From Söderhallarna in Stockholm, where different food profiles share tips and tricks in the kitchen. In the final episode of the season, Saluhall visited the winner of the Swedish Master Chef 2022 TV show – Adam Thulin.
With one of the main food days of the year approaching, the topic was of course midsummer food and for the programme, Adam prepared three dishes whose recipes you’ll find below. In one of the dishes, interpret Thulin Södermalm in the form of herring which is of course known as södermalm. In Söderselen we find, among other things, kumti, tarragon and green pepper.
Other dishes are the pink midsummer salmon and vegetable aubergine herring with a mixture of lupine beans. You can watch when Adam and Melanderers founder Fisk Nisse Molinder prepares dishes here. Or skip the recipes directly below. enjoy your meal!
Adam Thulin’s Midsummer Recipe
2 pickled herring fillets, cut into pieces the size of a fork or herring 200 grams, clearly pits / herring
1 dl mayonnaise
0.5 deciliter of sour cream
0.5 tablespoon Dijon
1 tablespoon of pickled green pepper
0.5 tablespoon pickled green pepper
0.5 tablespoon dried tarragon
50g aged Comté/Gruyère or Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Mix all ingredients except for the herring
2. Transfer the herring to the mixture, preferably 24 hours before serving
Garnish with fresh herbs before serving
200 gm salmon gravad
2 dl sour cream
1.5 dl water
0.5 dl of cold pressed rapeseed oil
3 tablespoons finely grated horseradish
Two slices of rye bread
1. Mix fresh cream, water and horseradish in a bowl, season with salt and leave to stand
2. Crumble rye bread, fry in butter and let cool before serving.
Lay the salmon fillets on a plate, and put on top of them the fried rye bread with butter.
4. Add the cold-pressed rapeseed oil to the radish sauce and pour the desired amount of the sauce around the salmon.
Garnish salmon with dill flakes and edible flowers.
Sandwiches with herring and eggplant
1 red onion
4 bay leaves
1 deciliter of vinegar
1.5 dl sugar
3 dl water
1. Cut the eggplant into 6 parts.
2. Heat a lot of oil in a frying pan and fry the eggplant until slightly browned
Leave to cool slightly and then cut into smaller pieces (about 3 x 3 cm) and put in a jar with a lid
4. Cut the carrots and red onions into pieces and add them to the jar
Bring vinegar, sugar, water, bay leaves and spices to a boil in a small saucepan
6. Pour the broth into the jar with the eggplant, onions and carrots
7. Leave overnight
Cream on a lupine bean
1.5 dl of beans
2.5 dL Fresh Vegetable Cream
Half lemon flavor
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 deciliter of cold pressed rapeseed oil
Boil lupine beans in a large pot of water for 60 minutes.
2. Pour the cooked lupine beans and mix smoothly with the rest of the ingredients using a blender or hand mixer.
Season with salt and pepper.
4 slices of rye bread
Cream on a lupine bean
1. Put the desired amount of herring and eggplant on rye bread
2. Place a large amount of lupine cream next to it and make a hole in the cream with a spoon. Add cold-pressed rapeseed oil to the hole.
Decorated with edible roses and chervil.
Updated 06-19-2022 15:17